The College library contains text books, journals and other books of library importance. The staff and students of this college and other persons specially permitted by the principal amy use the library. The library remains open d on working days, It remains closed on Sundays and other authorised holidays.
1. Persons of unsound mind and habits are not allowed to the Library.
2. No book shall be taken out of the library without the knowledge of the librarian until it has been entered in the Issue Register and entry attested by the borrower.
3. Each Borrower Mush examine the condition of the books before they are issued, otherwise in case of mutilation discovered late, the presumption will be against the borrower.
4. Books shall be returned within the period allowed to a borrower.
a. Teaching Stall - 2 Months
b. Non teaching and other - 15 days
c. Students - 15 days
5. If the date for the return of book fall s on authorised holiday, it may be returned to the librarian on the day the library reopens.
6. The student borrowers must have to return the library books within 15 days failing which the borrower student has to pay a fine of 0-10ps per day per book.
7. A book once issued to a borrower may be reissued to him only when nobody else demands. The books before re-issue shall be presents before the librarian for necessary entries in the register.
8. Books of reference, maps, calendars course of studies, dictionary questionnaire, universities question papers, other university documents and rare books shall not be issued for use at home without special permission of the principal.
9. The library premises should not be used for any purpose other than reading or consulting books and periodicals of the library.
10. All those who may happen to be inside the library or its neighbourhood are expected to observe strict silence. The librarian is to see that the rules of silence are strictly observed and any breach of the rule is to be reported to the Principal. Members of teaching staff are also expected to use their influence to promote the observance of the rule whenever they are in the library and to report the Principal cases of deliberate berate disobedience and miss behaviour.
11. Spitting, Smoking or sleeping in the library is forbidden librarian will report to the Principal all Cases of such activity or improper use of the library on the part either of student or staff.
12. Personal books or journals cycles and umbrellas should not be brought into the library premises.
13. Any book lost, damaged or defaced by a borrower must be replaced by him. If the book is one or a set or a series and the volume cannot be obtained single whole set or series must be replaced at the readers cost or he/she deposit three time the cost of the books.
14. All library articles should be returned by the borrowers before the summer vacation and also when the librarian needs, or else this will be intimated by the librarian to the Principal for necessary action.
15. Student borrowers shall return all books to the library before they are sent up for the University or High School Examination or promoted to the next higher class.
16. The student and the staff of the college are required to take a no dues, clearance certificate from the librarian while leaving the institution or taking any important documents.
17. A borrower against whom any overdue or the charge is outstanding shall not be allowed to borrow books form library.
18. If a student loses library card another card will be issued to him on application and payment of Rs. 2/-
19. Days of Issue of Books :
Monday - +2 1st year Arts & +2 1st yr. Science
Tuesday - +2 2nd year arts & +2 2nd year Scinence
Wednesday - +3 1st Arts
Thursday - +3 2nd year Arts
Friday - +3 3rd year Arts
Saturday - All Commerce
By any other modality fixed up by the principal
20. The following list shows maximum number of books that may be issued to the different class of borrowers. The students intending to borrow books from the library should submit requisition slips including their college Identity card by 11 A.M. on the day of issue to the person in chare.
Members of the teaching staff
Eng-M.I.L.(dept.) 25 books
Other (dept) 20 books
Demonstrator 08 books
Librarian P.E.T. 05 books
Ministerial staff (ClassIII) 04 books
Non teaching staff (Class iv) 02 books
Students (Hons). 03 books
For +3 pass students (for fifteen days)
For +2 students (for fifteen days)
Every student borrower should surrender the library card before he/she leaves the institution.
a. A separate section called Lending Library is added to the B.R.M. College Library.
b. The Lending Library is meant for giving books to the poor and meritorious students on loan basis.
c. Before Borrowing books, Students are required to deposit 20% of the Cost of the Books. This amount will not be refunded.
d. Books must be returned by the borrower before filling up their forms for the University examination/C.H.S.E. examination.
e. The students should not dis-figure or damage the books. In case of damage, the borrower will have to replace the book or pay the cost of the books along with a fine as decided by the principal.