1) To combine academic activities with social service and to install a sense of service to the nation a unit of the N.S.S. was started in the academic session 1977-78. Since then the scheme has expanded and there are three unites with a total strength of 100 boys and a women’s wing consisting of 50 girls it work under N.S.S. of Utkal university.
2) Applications for enrolment of the different units are invite at the beginning of the session by the NSS officer. A unit consists of fifty student’s and is headed by an N.S.S. officer nominated by the principal from among the members of the teaching staff in conformity with the laws of the university.
3) After students are enrolled and allotted a unit he/she will have to attend camps & get involved in other activities as directed by the N.S.S. officers. Three camps are organized in a year for each unit some of the activities of the NSS are :-
a) Cleanness drive in the community in and around the campus and villages nearby.
b) Instilling civic sense in the community and among the local people.
c) Literacy drive by such schemes as conductive adults literacy camps and night schools.
d) Assisting the authorities in drives against social evils such as drowry system and caste feelings etc.
e) Plantation Schemes.
f) Schemes for rural Re-construction.
g) Any such scheme envisaged by the Govt.
YOUTH RED CROSS
1) The college in enrolled as a Youth Red Cross group with the Indian Red Cross Society, Orissa. Branch Annual subscription of Rs. 5/- is collected from each students toward the Youth Red Cross Fund.
2.a) Service to the sick and suffering
b) Promotion of health.
c) International friendliness.
3. Students who have the spirit of service to the sick and suffering and who want to become active members of the Youth Red Cross have to apply for membership & get their names enrolled.
4) Special emphasis is laid an activities the following
a) Service to the sick and suffering
b) Practice of the personal health habits.
c) College hygiene-cleanliness of class rooms grounds & upkeep of college gargen.
d) Community hygiene taking up works of hygiene and cleanliness in the near by villages.
5. Youth Red Cross activities are moderated by Executive Committee consisting of a minimum of five and a maximum of eleven members. The Committee so elected will elect from among themselves a chairman, a vice chairman, a Secretary and joint Secretary. The terms of the committee will be one year.
6. The Youth Red Cross Counsellor appointed by the Principal from among the member of the staff will be entitled to attend meetings of the executive committee and to guide the deliberation.
7. Meetings of the committee should be held at least once a month and relative rules of business may be framed by the committee.